The online Health Information Library of Stony Brook University Physicians offers information about the conditions our surgeons treat, as well as information of the procedures they perform.
This information benefits our patients. It educates them so that they can better participate in their surgical care, before and after it. It helps them to make the best choices of treatment.
For example, here are few links that focus on what to expect after having a general surgery procedure:
- After Anti-Reflux Surgery
- After Inguinal Hernia Repair
- After Spleen Removal (Open Surgery)
- After Spleen Removal (Laporascopic)
- After Gallbladder Removal (Open Surgery)
- After Gallbladder Removal (Laporascopic)
More information is available, upon request, from our faculty and staff. Consultations with our surgeons provide an opportunity to gain specific information and learn about one’s treatment options.