- Medical College of Pennsylvania (1995)
- General Surgery, Medical College of Pennsylvania-Hahnemann University Hospitals, Philadelphia, PA
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Madison, WI
- Surgical Oncology, City of Hope National Medical Center, Duarte, CA
Affiliated Specialty Center
- Management of cancers of the skin and soft tissue; specifically, melanoma (including surgery and minimally invasive limb infusion for recurrent melanoma limited to an extremity) and sarcoma
- Heated intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC) for advanced abdominal cancers
- Gastrointestinal oncologic surgery
- Breast oncologic surgery (including breast conservation surgery, sentinel node biopsy, and minimally invasive radiation therapy for early breast cancer)
- Treating advanced malignancies
- Palliative surgery
Division of Breast and Oncologic Surgery
Department of Surgery, Health Sciences Center T18-060
Stony Brook Medicine
Stony Brook, NY 11794-8191
3 Edmund D. Pellegrino Road
Stony Brook, NY 11794-9450
- Selected for inclusion in the Guide to America's Top Surgeons published by the Consumers' Research Council of America
- Hu Y, Zaslav AL, Radhakrishnan N, Golightly M, Pameijer C. Myelofibrosis involving lymph node: a novel cytogenetic abnormality in a mimicker of mesenchymal neoplasm. J Hematop 2009;2:157-61.
- Kaplan LJ, Pameijer C, Blank-Reid C, Granick MS. Necrotizing fasciitis: an uncommon consequence of pressure ulceration. Adv Wound Care 1998;11:185-9.
- Pameijer C, Tallapragada S, Levy R, Crombleholme T. Effect of collagen based vector delivery system on the efficiency of adenoviral-mediated gene transfer and wound healing. Surg Forum 2000;51.
- Pameijer C, von Allmen D, Rhodes L, Quinn T, Adzick S. Electrocardiographic monitoring in the management of fetal congenital malformations. Surg Forum 1999;50:503-4.
- Pameijer CR, Hubbard AM, Coleman B, Flake AW. Combined pure esophageal atresia, duodenal atresia, biliary atresia, and pancreatic ductal atresia: prenatal diagnostic features and review of the literature. J Pediatr Surg 2000;35:745-7.
- Pameijer CR, Mahvi DM, Stewart JA, Weber SM. Bowel obstruction in patients with metastatic cancer: does intervention influence outcome? Int J Gastrointest Cancer 2005;35:127-34.
- Pameijer CR, Navanjo A, Meechoovet B, Wagner JR, Aguilar B, Wright CL, Chang WC, Brown CE, Jensen MC. Conversion of a tumor-binding peptide identified by phage display to a functional chimeric T cell antigen receptor. Cancer Gene Ther 2007;14:91-7.
- Pameijer CR, Smith D, McCahill LE, Bimston DN, Wagman LD, Ellenhorn JD. Full-thickness chest wall resection for recurrent breast carcinoma: an institutional review and meta-analysis. Am Surg 2005;71:711-5.
- Pameijer CRJ, Wagman LD. Palliative surgery in advanced gastrointestinal malignancies. In: McCulloch P, Kerr D, Karpeh M, Ajani J, editors. Gastrointestinal Oncology: Evidence and Analysis. New York: Dekker, 2007: 363-71.
- Podnos YD, Juarez G, Pameijer C, Choi K, Ferrell BR, Wagman LD. Impact of surgical palliation on quality of life in patients with advanced malignancy: results of the decisions and outcomes in palliative surgery (DOPS) trial. Ann Surg Oncol 2007;14:922-8.
- Podnos YD, Juarez G, Pameijer C, Uman G, Ferrell BR, Wagman LD. Surgical palliation of advanced gastrointestinal tumors. J Palliat Med 2007;10:871-6.
- Zemlyak A, Hwang S, Chalas E, Pameijer CR. Primary extrauterine endometrial stromal sarcoma: a case and review. J Gastrointest Cancer 2009;39:104-6.
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons (FACS)