Our faculty focus on conducting a broad range of interdisciplinary research that:
- Addresses understanding the multiple determinants of health and illness including social, behavioral, environmental, demographic, occupational, policy, economic, and genetic.
- Includes the study of effective medical and public health interventions that could inform policy.
- Includes a focus on the role of ethics and compassion in promoting therapeutic relationships while providing patient and family centered care.
- Utilizes contemporary methods from the fields of epidemiology, biostatistics, demography, economics, the social sciences, and the humanities.
- Focuses on local patients as well as global population health issues and concerns.
- Includes educational research to create innovative and effective teaching products.
- Focuses on identifying, understanding the causes, and implementing interventions to eliminate health disparities.