(All conferences/seminars will be held in Health Science Center room T16-25, unless specified otherwise)
Thursday, September 27, 2018:
*First Annual* Nephrology Faculty Research Day (7:30-9:40AM)
Highlighting the basic science and clinical research of Nephrology and Affiliating Divisions
October 2018 Renal Conference Schedule:
Thursday, October 4, 2018:
Journal Club - Dr. Suh (7:30 AM)
Renal Grand Rounds - Dr. Lieberthal - Research Update (8:30 AM)
Thursday, October 11, 2018:
Renal/Cardio Joint Conference - Dr. Saha (8:00 AM)
Wednesday, October 17, 2018:
Dept. of Medicine Grand Rounds - Dr. Joseph Vassalotti (7:45AM at Stony Brook University Hospital Lobby
Conference Room 2)
Title of talk: Blood pressure control in CKD: Adapting guidelines to individualized care
Thursday, October 18, 2018:
Journal Club - Dr. Abdul Qadeer (7:30 AM at Stony Brook University Hospital Lobby Conference Room 2)
Renal Grand Rounds – Dr. Rohatgi (8:30 AM at Stony Brook University Hospital Lobby Conference Room 2)
Immediately following renal grand rounds will be a brief presentation from Kara Krill from AstraZeneca
Pharmaceuticals LP to discuss LOKELMA for oral suspension
Thursday, October 25, 2018:
No conference (American Society of Nephrology conference)
Recent Visiting Speakers:
- Leslie Gewin, MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Eliyahu Khankin, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Renal Grand Rounds)
- John Richard Lee, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Anupam Agarwal, MD, The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (DOM grand rounds)
- David Basile, PhD, Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Indiana University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
- Julie Paik, MD, MPH, Brigham and Women's Hospital (DOM Research Conference)
- Jeffrey Kopp, MD, Chief, Kidney Diseases Branch, NIDDK/NIH, “Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis and the African American predilection for kidney disease”
- Sanja Sever, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, "Multiple roles of dynamin-actin interactions in kidney"
- Jaime Uribarri, MD, Director of Peritoneal Dialysis Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Advances in Peritoneal Dialysis"
- Kumar Sharma, MD, University of California, San Diego, “Novel role of mitochondria in diabetic complications”
- Sumant Chugh, MD, Rush Medical College, “Transcriptional regulation in podocyte disease”
- Michael Ross, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Kidney Injury in HIV positive patients”
- Peter Heeger, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, "An expanded role for complement in transplant rejection"
- Kirk Campbell, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Novel mediators of pedocyte survival in glomerular disease progression”
- Ramon Bonegio, MD, Boston University, "Toll-like receptor pathways promote sterile inflammation in immune complex glomerulonephritis"
- Ali Gharavi, MD, Columbia University, “Genetics of IgA Nephropathy”
- Raymond Townsend, MD, University of Pennsylvania, “HTN in the post-SPRINT Era”
- Stuart Shankland, MD, University of Washington, “Making Sense of Glomerular Diseases”
- David Goldfarb, MD, NYU, “Update on Nephrolithiasis”
- Vishal S. Vaidya, Ph.D. Brigham & Women’s Hospital, "Translational and Mechanistic Biomarkers of Kidney Disease"
- Roy Zent, MD, PhD, Vanderbilt University, "The Glomerular Filtration Barrier"
- Charles Jennette, MD, North Carolina @ Chapel Hill “Overview of Vasculitis: Historical Perspective, Clinical and Pathologic and Pathogenic concepts”
- Ananth Karumanchi, MD, Harvard Medical School, “Pathogenesis of Pre-eclampsia”
- John C. He, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Avi Ma’ayan PhD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai