Upcoming Visiting Speakers:
April 24, 2018: Leslie Gewin, MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
May 10, 2018: Eliyahu Khankin, MD, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (Renal Grand Rounds)
May 22, 2018: John Richard Lee, MD, Weill Cornell Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
May 30, 2018: Anupam Agarwal, MD, The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Medicine (DOM grand rounds)
June 5, 2018: David Basile, PhD, Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Indiana University School of Medicine (DOM Research Conference)
June 19, 2018: Julie Paik, MD, MPH, Brigham and Women's Hospital (DOM Research Conference)
Recent Visiting Speakers:
- Jeffrey Kopp, MD, Chief, Kidney Diseases Branch, NIDDK/NIH, “Focal Segmental Glomerulosclerosis and the African American predilection for kidney disease”
- Sanja Sever, PhD, Massachusetts General Hospital, "Multiple roles of dynamin-actin interactions in kidney"
- Jaime Uribarri, MD, Director of Peritoneal Dialysis Mount Sinai School of Medicine, "Advances in Peritoneal Dialysis"
- Kumar Sharma, MD, University of California, San Diego, “Novel role of mitochondria in diabetic complications”
- Sumant Chugh, MD, Rush Medical College, “Transcriptional regulation in podocyte disease”
- Michael Ross, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Kidney Injury in HIV positive patients”
- Peter Heeger, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, "An expanded role for complement in transplant rejection"
- Kirk Campbell, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai, “Novel mediators of pedocyte survival in glomerular disease progression”
- Ramon Bonegio, MD, Boston University, "Toll-like receptor pathways promote sterile inflammation in immune complex glomerulonephritis"
- Ali Gharavi, MD, Columbia University, “Genetics of IgA Nephropathy”
- Raymond Townsend, MD, University of Pennsylvania, “HTN in the post-SPRINT Era”
- Stuart Shankland, MD, University of Washington, “Making Sense of Glomerular Diseases”
- David Goldfarb, MD, NYU, “Update on Nephrolithiasis”
- Vishal S. Vaidya, Ph.D. Brigham & Women’s Hospital, "Translational and Mechanistic Biomarkers of Kidney Disease"
- Roy Zent, MD, PhD, Vanderbilt University, "The Glomerular Filtration Barrier"
- Charles Jennette, MD, North Carolina @ Chapel Hill “Overview of Vasculitis: Historical Perspective, Clinical and Pathologic and Pathogenic concepts”
- Ananth Karumanchi, MD, Harvard Medical School, “Pathogenesis of Pre-eclampsia”
- John C. He, MD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- Avi Ma’ayan PhD, Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai